Tuesday, November 24, 2009

BHP Billiton

Number 21/09

It is with regret that the Board of BHP Billiton has today accepted the resignation of Dr David Morgan as a Director.

Dr Morgan has advised that he has accepted an appointment as Managing Director, JC Flowers, Europe and Asia Pacific, based in London.

Given the time demands of this position, Dr Morgan believes it is necessary to relinquish all of his existing professional positions including his Directorship of BHP Billiton.

Dr Morgan said, "I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the Board during a period of change and tremendous challenges. I wish the company and my Board colleagues every future success."

Chairman Don Argus, said, "On behalf of the Board, I would like to express my disappointment that Dr Morgan has chosen to depart BHP Billiton. Dr Morgan was a highly committed and hard working Board member who made a valuable contribution to the Board.

"From a personal point of view I have a great level of respect for David's professionalism and achievements and I wish him all the best in his new role."

No comments: